Effective as of September 29th, 2021
When do we collect information?
When you use our websites and services, we may collect personally identifiable information from you. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about you that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form.
What information do we collect?
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us.
We may collect the following personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- First and last names
- City, State, and Zip
- Telephone number
- Other identifiers that allow us to contact you online or otherwise such as your role, employer, employment history, qualifications, or references
- Username and password supported by a security question and answer as part of our applicant tracking system
- EEO compliance voluntary data (i.e. sex and ethnicity)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without a sponsor visa
- Whether you are currently or previously worked/working with third-party recruiting firm
Also, we may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, job title, gender, ethnicity, citizenship status, email address, and log-in information when visiting our websites, log in to an account you have created, send us any inquiries, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions or ideas, or interact with us in any way.
We may collect information when you visit our websites and online services.
Our websites and online services may collect information about you which may be maintained in combination with the personal identifiable information described above. We may also automatically collect certain personally identifiable information through your use of our websites and services, such as the following:
- Usage information: We collect information such as which pages on the sites you access, the frequency of access and what you click on while on the sites
- Device information: We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number and browser
- Mobile device information: In addition to the device information listed above, when you access our Sites via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the sites via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier
- Location information: We collect location information from site visitors on a city-regional basis
How do we use your information?
We may use the personally identifiable information we collect to provide the services to you, to improve our online services and websites. In addition, we may use the personally identifiable information we collect to:
- Process your response to a survey or other marketing communication
- Process your request to receive our newsletter
- Send you periodic emails about ERDMAN insights or services
- Email you our blog posts
- Contact you regarding our services or events that we feel may be of interest to you
- Follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
- Review your job application
- Communicate with you about our websites or services or to inform you of any changes to our websites or services
- Comply with applicable law
How we share your personally identifiable information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (for example, email, hosting, maintenance, backup and analysis)
- To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personally identifiable information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure
How do we protect your information?
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personally identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the internet is 100 percent secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Remember when you access articles, whitepapers or videos
- Understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
How you can manage cookies
Cookies can be blocked by changing your internet browser settings to refuse all or some cookies. If you choose to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites and on-line services.
You can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We do, however, use cloud data storage, payroll processors, accounting software, payment processors, employee applicant tracking systems, and marketing service providers. These service providers may have access to your personally identifiable information for purposes of providing services to us. We have appropriate procedures in place with these providers to ensure your personally identifiable information is treated in accordance with applicable laws on data security and privacy.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
Some internet browsers incorporate a “do not track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “do not track” signal, our websites and on-line services do not currently interpret, respond to or alter their practices when they receive “do not track” signals.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our websites and on-line services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
Review and Request Changes to Your Personally Identifiable Information
To review or request changes to any of your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to unsubscribe from receiving future emails
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from the requested correspondence. Alternatively, you can send a request to email@example.com indicating which subscription you would like updated.